Veterans’ issues are of great interest to our community. Considering our country’s problems, our Veterans and their families are in the forefront of our mind!!
The mission of this office is to provide eligible veterans and their families who are residents of East Bridgewater, financial assistance and medical care in accordance with a formula that takes into account the number of dependents and income from all sources under the provisions of Chapter 115, Massachusetts General Law.
Eligible dependents of deceased veterans are provided with the same benefits as if the veteran were still living. The Veterans Service Office also refers veterans to the VA hospital, housing, employment, and educational services or the Social Security Office for a more permanent solution to their needs.
With deep appreciation, we recognize and engage our veterans and their families, advocate for assistance in their time of need, and connect them with the services they've earned.
Our department oversees the financial assistance program known as Massachusetts General Law Chapter 115. This includes the decoration of veterans' graves and carries out commemorative activities related to East Bridgewater veterans. Learn more about the rights and benefits of military personnel.
Does the Veterans' Agent have a copy of your DD-214? If not, contact him today so that arrangements can be made to get him a copy.
Veterans' Benefits M.G.L. Chapter 115, as amended:
Bill of Rights
You have a right to:
- File a written application for veterans' benefits at any time. You can insist upon this right, even if told that you are ineligible. 108 CMR: 4:02 (1)
- Get help from your veterans' agent in completing your application.
- Receive a full explanation of the services and benefits available under M.G.L. Chap. 115, as well as other available benefits. 108 CMR: 4.01 (2)
- Receive a written notice and explanation of the approval or denial of your application for benefits. 108 CMR: 10.90 (25), 108 CMR: 8.02 (1)
- Be treated with dignity and respect, and to receive accurate, courteous, and timely service. 108 CMR: 4.01 (1)
- Appeal and request a hearing if you disagree with any action taken on your case. 108 CMR: 8.09 (1)
- Expect confidentiality; personal information will not be collected or used except for the purpose of determining your eligibility for benefits. 108 CMR: 4.01 (1)
- Receive fair and equal treatment without regard to sex, race, religion or handicap.
For additional information regarding your rights, speak to your Veterans' Agent.
Are you a veteran who resides in East Bridgewater? Are you registered with the Town's Veterans Agent? If not, please contact him so that he may register you in the Town's Veterans Data Base. Don't wait until you need services to register. Save time and register now.
|Chris Buckley||Veteran Service Officer||(508) 378-1603|