How do I Register to Vote?
You must be at least 16 years old and a U.S. Citizen to register but will not be eligible to vote until you are 18 years old.
- You can register online, in person, by mail or at the Registry of Motor Vehicles
- You will receive verification by mail after registering.
Register on-line today: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/OVR/Welcome.aspx
Check your voter status: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/VoterRegistrationSearch/MyVoterRegStatus.aspx
What is the deadline to register to vote?
- The deadline to register to vote in any election or Regular Town Meeting is twenty (20) days prior to the date of the election or meeting.
- The deadline to register to vote in a Special Town Meeting is ten (10) days prior to the Special Town Meeting
Where do I vote?
- All Town/State/Federal voting is conducted in the gymnasium of the Jr/Sr High School at 143 Plymouth Street
- Town Meetings are held in the auditorium of the Jr/Sr High School at 143 Plymouth Street.
Change of address?
You must update your voter registration every time you move. If you have moved, you may update your registration by filling out a new voter registration form. If you move after the deadline to registter to vote in a state election or primary, you should wait to update your registration until after the date of the election or primary and return to vote at your previous polling place in Massachusetts. State law allows you to vote from a previous address in a state election for up to six (6) months after you have moved, as long as you have not registered elsewhere.
There are four (4) precincts in the Town of East Bridgewater - see below for an alphabetical street listing
Precinct List by Street Name
When are the Annual Town Meeting and Town Election Held?
- Annual Town Election is held on the first Saturday following the first Monday in April
- Annual Town Meeting is held on the second Monday in May
- Special Town Meetings are held periodically during the year
Warrants for Town Meetings and Elections are posted in the following locations: Town Hall, Ye Olde Standish Grille, Dewhurst Lumber, East Bridgewater Post Office, Country Convenience and the East Bridgewater Library.
Town Government cannot work without your vote!